5 Healthy Dieting Foods
A healthy diet doesn’t require a lot of special foods to help you lose weight. In fact, the simplest foods you can eat are often the really healthy diet foods. In many cases, it’s how the foods are prepared that determine whether or not they’re healthy for you. Healthy diet foods are minimally processed and have little added fat and salt.
The 5 Best Healthy Dieting Foods
1. Vegetables – Vegetables are very best healthy diet food. They are high in fiber and contain lots of vitamins and minerals, while being very low in calories.
Choose fresh ones whenever you can and remember that vegetables taste best when purchased locally and in season.
However, frozen veggies are a great nutritional value too and they can be much more convenient for a busy family.
2. Fruits – Fruits are also high in fiber and fairly low in calories. They are also full of vitamins.
Be sure to eat whole fruits rather than fruit juices. Whole fruits contain no added sugar and their fiber keeps you feeling full.
3. Nuts and other healthy fats – Polyunsaturated fats, though high in calories, are healthy diet foods.
They provide the fat your body requires, but don’t clog arteries. In addition to nuts, use olive oil for cooking and enjoy avocadoes in moderation.
4. Whole grains – Whole grain breads, pasta, oatmeal and brown rice are the best healthy diet foods for weight loss.
Their added fiber keeps you full, and your blood sugar stays stable, too. Clear your pantry of white flour and white rice products. Even if you’re not trying to lose weight; whole grain is a much better choice.
5. Protein – Our bodies need protein to function and protein should be a part of every meal because it keeps you satisfied longer than carbohydrates.
Choose lean proteins like low fat cheese, eggs and lean cuts of chicken, beef, fish and pork. Fish is especially healthy because it contains Omega 3 fatty acids, which are heart healthy and are even thought to raise metabolism.
As you can see, these healthy dieting foods are all foods you’re likely already eating. By choosing fresh versions and avoiding processed foods, you turn the staples you already enjoy into the diet foods your body needs for shedding fat. Changing just a little about the foods you choose and how you prepare them can make a big difference in the number of calories you consume.
Try eating these foods simply prepared and getting some regular exercise at least three times a week. Be sure to drink plenty of water to keep you hydrated, so that your body works optimally. With these simple changes, you’re sure to be on your way to weight loss and a healthy body.