All-Natural Methods For Keeping Flu Away
Swine flu, H1N1, avian flu, & seasonal flu. If you are not careful, news reports will quite possibly frighten you so much that you will submit to any form of protection against the flu. You may even be considering the vaccine.
What the news reports don’t tell you is that if your immune system is functioning at an optimal level, you have nothing to fear. Why? Because your body will do what it is supposed to do: protect you.
Without launching into a highly opinionated rant as to why so many scare tactics are currently being used on the American public, I want to assure you that if you take care of yourself and focus on boosting your immune function, you will stay healthy and strong all autumn and winter long.
In the event that you do feel like you are coming down with something, it is important to act quickly and decisively. Don’t wait around for a day or two lamenting that you have the sniffles and isn’t it just your luck that are coming down with something? By that time, whatever virus is in your system will have firmly taken hold and your recovery will be that much longer.
Here are a few supplements that you should have on hand now, before the sniffles set in: (and I receive nothing for promoting these products.. just so you know)
— Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) – a broad-spectrum anti-microbial. GSE is a great purifier and it is anti-viral and anti-bacterial, killing a wide variety of bacteria, viruses, herpes, parasites and fungi. You want this in your bag of natural tricks.
— Elderberry Syrup – elderberry is high in Vitamin C and boosts your immune system. Find the brand that is made with Vermont honey. We always have a couple bottles on hand.
— Emergen-C – full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, low in sugar and free from the nasty artificial sweeteners that Airborne uses. A great immune booster.
If you have those three products on hand, you will be able to follow my method for kicking a virus overnight:
1. Immediately adjust your plans so that you can get in bed early that same night. Nine o’clock and no later. I am not kidding. The more excuses you make, the longer it will take you to recover.
2. Have a cup of hot lemon-ginger tea with honey. (A cup of hot water, 1/2 squeezed lemon, 1″ slice of fresh ginger, plus a spoonful of raw honey.)
3. Take 2 TBS. Elderberry Syrup.
4. Drink 1 packet of Emergen-C mixed with water.
5. Mix 1 drop of GSE per every 10 lbs of body weight with one gulp of orange juice. GSE is bitter, so one gulp is all you’ll want.
6. Go get in bed.
7. Repeat step 2-5 when you wake up in the morning.
I can practically guarantee that this will work for you if you promise to get in bed by 9PM! All bets are off if you stay up late working, watching TV, folding laundry, or doing any one of the thousand things you do.
The key to being well is giving yourself permission to do what is necessary to be well.